Saturday, September 29, 2012

They're back.....

As you might recall, a couple of weeks ago a certain pair of ratty wing chairs were hauled away to rehab.  They returned Thursday with a whole new outlook on life.





You'd never know now that these were almost 30 years old.  Knight's Custom Upholstery in Haltom City did a fantastic job with all the quality of the original, which they still make.  They even painted the legs and stretchers black to match my dining chairs.  I ordered the black and ivory ticking from Fabric.com and even got twenty percent off of their list price during their Labor Day sale, with free shipping.  I had pre-ordered samples of this fabric and the Waverly Timeless Ticking, but this one had more of the soft neutral look I was seeking.  I could not be happier with the results. 

They will be used as dining chairs, as shown, but they can also be pulled into any other room with a need for extra seating.  They've always been the most comfortable seats in the house, so I can see myself doing a lot of reading here.  I particularly do a lot of reading of decorating magazines at the dining table, anyway. 

Now, if I can just keep cats from scratching on them and a certain toddler from coloring on them....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY YOU! They are just beautiful Dearie!

BrierPatch said...

Those chairs look great.

janet in ft worth said...

Thanks, Jan!

janet in ft worth said...

And thanks, anonymous Dearie! I just noticed that I didn't thank you way back in September!