Linen Love

I absolutely love wearing linen, as anyone who's known me for very long might tell you.  It feels and looks so natural, so breathable, so rumpled and unpretentious and luxurious.  I really want to use it for decorating, too, but haven't so far, although I do have some overly-loved pieces of clothing that could easily be salvaged for a pillow cover or three (and why has that only just now occurred to me?).

I've known for years that linen is a natural fiber, a product of the flax plant, but my curiosity has never gone beyond that knowledge to consider, for instance, what a flax plant even looks like.  Where is it grown?  What is involved in turning it into all that lovely linen?  I was so pleased to find this video shared on Etsy's Facebook page today...a beautiful French short film about the production of linen. It's long, over 15 minutes, but well worth watching, especially if you love linen like I do.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 


BE LINEN MOVIE from Benoit MILLOT on Vimeo.

Comments

Popular Posts