F. R. I. D. A. Y.

Finally hanging the curtains I bought for the dining room a couple of months ago.

Hello Friday!

A (small) burst of activity is happening around here, with Fred rehanging the curtain rods to let me hang the new dining room curtains, that are a foot longer than the old ones. I ordered antique bronze clip rings from Amazon to coordinate with the brass ball finials on my very old Pottery Barn steel rods. There's also metallic gold in the print of the curtains, so I'm getting all sorts of coordinated here. I personally like the curtains puddling on the hardwood floor, but with old cats that can't be trusted with their potty habits, that might need to change, quickly. Now, if I could just get the walls and the woodwork repainted, the dining room might look pretty nice.

I've also been in high jewelry-making mode, getting ready for next weekend's ArtsGoggle. My last three shows have severely depleted my stock of rings and earrings, so this week I've concentrated on rings, including a brand new style, and this weekend I need to make a earrings, earrings and more earrings. If you're in the North Texas area, you seriously need to give ArtsGoggle a try. With 850-plus artists, 50-plus musical acts, and plenty of great venues for food and drink along Magnolia, you can't go wrong.

Here are some things for your weekend. I hope it's great!


I feel like I've grown up with Marimekko (gasp! I have! The company was born the same year that I was!)...now they've teamed up with Microsoft to create some beautiful tech!

If you sell online, anywhere, here are some great styling tips for your product photos.

I love a good Apartment Therapy house tour, but wait until you see what this Dutch artist creates in her lovely apartment!

Decorating those random corners.



Comments

Popular Posts